Why should you learn how to relax fast? Because stress is more than just unpleasant. It's also dangerous. Many diseases, some incurable, are now known to be caused by or made worse by stress, but you CAN do something about it. Just try these relaxation techniques today and use them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
1) Take a hot shower - The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful activities helps give you a reset.
2) Play relaxing music - Experiment to see which music relaxes you the most effectively. Then make a playlist of all your favorite relaxation songs so you can access it at the office, in traffic, on the go, or wherever you'll need it most.
3) Get a change of scenery - This really helps if what is stressing you out is coming from your environment or is associated with it. Why not get out for a little while? Take a quick walk or go somewhere you find peaceful.
4) Have a cup of chamomile tea - Chamomile seems to have a calming effect on the nerves, and hot drinks in general can help you relax. Be careful of caffeine when choosing your beverages as it can exacerbate symptoms of stress.
5) Pay attention to internal cues - If you can spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worrying, stressful thoughts, your ever-growing to-do list), you can resolve any pressing matters and prepare for the things that can be taken care of at a later time.
6) Have a good laugh - Of course, you know from experience that laughing and having fun helps you relax, right? Find the guy that knows all the best jokes, grab your best friend and go do something silly, or just find something funny to read or watch. Whatever you choose, allow yourself to become immersed in laughter.
7) Take some deep breaths – When the stress starts to get to you, just close your eyes and focus solely on your breathing while doing this. Taking five slow deep breaths is like a invigorating mini-meditation.
8) Take a walk - Walking is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare. Busy at work? Take a short walk around your building and explore areas you’ve never gone. If you have more time, drive to a local park you’ve never been to and take a leisurely stroll.
9) Give someone a hug - As long as it's from somebody you don't mind hugging, hugging someone is a great choice to reduce stress. Not only does hugging have a calming effect, but it actually can cause your body to release endorphins, giving you an instant feeling of pleasure and happiness.
10) Interrupt your routine – Our lives have the tendency to become routine. Don’t get me wrong, I love my routines, but when you become so enmeshed in the to-dos, you miss a lot of the world around you. So, take a moment and stop to talk to that guy sleeping on the bench, or go eat lunch on the roof, sign up for a pottery class, take online courses for self-improvement... Do something you’ve always wanted to but never did. Anything that breaks you out of your regular habitual patterns can help relieve stress.
Over time, relaxation will come more naturally to you. Of course, if the thought of the work involved in this just stresses you out more, you might want to take it slow. In the meantime, the relaxation techniques above really aren't difficult, nor are they set in stone. So, why not try a few of these tips, being sure to take the liberty of adjusting them to best meet your needs, and start relaxing fast!
Take a relaxation break with Total Healing's Mindfulness Meditation to Relieve Stress!
⬇️ Get Help Managing Your Stress! ⬇️
👥 1:1 Coaching | Self-Love & Stress Management (5 Session Bundle) New Client Offer - 60% Off Any Coaching Bundle + 1 Extra Session!
❓Need help fostering more self-love in your life❓
In Total Healing's 5 Session 1:1 Coaching Bundle, Self-Love & Stress Management, you'll identify ways in which you are not prioritizing your needs and gain techniques to embrace self-love. Learn to release negative patterns of thinking and accept what is. Finally, learn to reduce stress in your life and put yourself first.
💥As a bonus, you'll receive the Self-Discovery Coaching Success Journal - a $277 value!💥
Make Yourself a Priority!
often tend to neglect your own needs due to avoidance, low self-esteem, or putting others first?
struggle with feelings of unworthiness, see yourself as a victim, or want to break unhealthy mental addictions or patterns?
desire healthy stress management techniques and tips for putting yourself first?
If you answered yes to these questions, then the Achieve Emotional Awareness 12 Session Bundle is for you!
If you said yes to any of these questions, then the Self-Love and Stress Management 5 Session Bundle is for you!
How to Stop the Cycle of Anxiety, Worry, and Fear So You Can Regain Control of Your Life
If you’re constantly worrying and suffering from racing thoughts and anxiety, you’re not alone. Nearly 18 percent, or 40 million adults in America, suffer from anxiety disorders.
You may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, if you:
worry excessively over normal, everyday situations.
feel constantly agitated.
constantly feel restless and on edge.
suffer from chronic fatigue.
have difficulty concentrating on your school, work, or home life.
experience excessive irritability.
have constantly tense muscles.
have trouble falling or staying asleep.
experience frequent panic attacks.
If you’ve experienced any of these signs or symptoms, then you might be suffering from an anxiety disorder that, if not treated, could end up taking over your life.
Fortunately, Total Healing’s Overcome Anxiety E-Course is your comprehensive guide to help you finally stop the cycle of anxiety, worry, and fear so that you can regain control of your life.
Learn to Reduce Your Stress for a Happier and Healthier Life
Stress has always been a part of our daily routine; problems at work or issues with your business, or even some conflicts between your friends and family members, stress always rears its ugly head to make our life difficult. If left unchecked, stress will result to wrong decisions due to our confused state of mind. In fact, being unsuccessful is also attributed to stress -- which involves a person's fear and anxiety taking over their rational thinking.
In Total Healing’s Stress Reduction E-Book, you’ll uncover tips to create a stress management plan to help reduce stress and anxiety in your life. Learn how meditation can be used to deal with stress, learn stress-coping techniques, discover stress management tips for workaholics, and much more. Included with this e-book, which is formatted for your convenience, you’ll receive the Stress Reduction Checklist to follow along with key points, as well as the Resource Cheat Sheet, which provides you with additional resources on this topic.
#stressreduction #guidedmeditation #lifecoaching #selfhelp #ebook #reduceyourstress #stressmanagement #copingwithstress #meditationforstress #thriveonstress #emotionalhealing #growth #growthmindset #motivation #wellness #healing #youareworthy #selfworth #selfawareness #totalhealinglifecoaching #motivatemetoday #goalsforsuccess #goalsforlastingchange #gogetitnow #youvegotthis #youcandothis #getmotivated #liveyourbestlifetoday #becomeyou
Copyright 2023. Total Healing Life Coaching. All rights reserved.